Do I have to be licensed or registered to get a permit or do work?
A contractor must be registered in the City of Hamilton to obtain a permit and do work for electric, HVAC, gas, plumbing, hydronics (wet heat) or sewer work that is regulated by the adopted codes in the State of Ohio. A Master Registration is required to obtain a permit for this work. In order to obtain a Master Registration, that individual must possess a current Contractor’s License issued by the Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board (OCILB) for that trade. For more information, visit the Contractor Registration page.

Show All Answers

1. What is a permit?
2. How do I get a permit?
3. Do I need a permit?
4. When does my permit expire?
5. How long does it take to get a permit?
6. How much does a permit cost, and when do I pay for it?
7. What are the different types of permits?
8. How many copies of plans do I need to turn in?
9. When can I start working on my project?
10. Can I start demolition without a permit?
11. What inspections are required and when?
12. How do I schedule an inspection?
13. How far in advance to I have to schedule an inspection?
14. Do I have to be licensed or registered to get a permit or do work?
15. What codes apply, and where can I get copies?
16. What is a Certificate of Occupancy?
17. Can I get a temporary certificate of occupancy?
18. What is a change of occupancy or change of use?
19. What are the different types of permit application forms, and where can I get them?
20. Who do I contact about work located in the public right-of-way?