Architectural Design Review Board
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
ADRB June 18th Meeting Agenda
- The ADRB will be meeting on June 18th at 4:00 PM in Council Chambers located at 345 High Street. A link to the agenda has been included above.
Board Calendar - Notice of Public Meetings ADRB 2019
Certificate of Appropriateness
Any exterior work (including painting, roofing, gutters, signage, doors, siding, and windows) to buildings, outbuildings, or other exterior features located within one of the City of Hamilton's Historic Areas or properties individually listed by Ordinance is not permitted until the Architectural Design Review Board (ADRB) issues a Certificate of Appropriateness for the work. It is the responsibility of the ADRB to review the plans, monitor the work, and administer the Architectural Conservation/Historic District section (Section 1126.00) of the Hamilton City Zoning Ordinance.
Applications and plans are submitted to the Planning Department, and are due three Fridays prior to a potential ADRB meeting. The ADRB meets the first and third Tuesday of every month at 4:00 p.m. in City Council Chambers at 345 High Street, Hamilton, Ohio 45011.
Please do not hesitate to contact that office with any questions or concerns, call 513-785-7350 or email the staff.
Be advised that COA applications and project proposals that could detract from the historic and/or architectural character of a historic home or building will require documented evidence and reasoning for the proposal. Such proposals may include, but are not limited to:
- Demolitions - - - - - will be denied without significant evidence, analysis of structure, quotes illustrating rehabilitation/repair costs, etc.
- Vinyl Windows - - - - - not conducive to historic homes, and can be denied if applicant lacks documented reasons, quotes comparing costs, showing significant damage of windows, etc.
- Vinyl Siding - - - - - not appropriate for historic homes, and can be denied; such a proposal requires significant evidence and reasoning compared to the appropriate alternatives.
- Removing Box Gutters - - - - - will be denied without significant evidence, analysis of structure, quotes illustrating rehabilitation/repair costs, etc.
Architectural Design Review Board Members
Robert Brown, City Council
Tom Alf, Planning Commission
Alternate: Mayor Patrick MoellerTim Spoonster, ADRB Architect - Term: August, 2021
VACANT, Dayton-Campbell Historic District
Alternate: Jennifer Albinus - Term: May, 2021Pauline Fairbanks, Rossville Historic District - Term: June, 2021
Alternate: Jane Jacobs - Term: June, 2021Andy Weltzer, German Village Historic District - Term: June, 2020
Alternate: Debby Ripperger - Term: June, 2020Karen Whalen, Historic Hamilton - Term: January, 2021
Alternate: Shi O'Neill - Term: October, 2019Tony Traub, Special Improvement District - Term: June, 2021
Alternate: VACANTMary Pat Essman, Chairperson, Chamber of Commerce - Term: October, 2019
Alternate: Rob Weigel - Term: May, 2020Armand Bloch, At Large - Term: September, 2019
Steve Beckman, At Large - Term: January, 2020
- Application for Certificate of Appropriateness - work in a Historic District
- Architectural Design Review Board - Policies and Guidelines - December 2018
- Living in a Historic Home Brochure
- Ohio Historic Inventory
- ADRB, Architectural Design Review Board - 2019 Calendar
- Section 1126.00, Hamilton Zoning Ordinance - Historic Districts